The Spinach Neer Dosa or Spinach Dosa is traditionally made with white rice and coconut. These soft, fluffy spinach dosas are made with brown rice with a twist. For making these spinach dosas added with fresh coconut milk, there is no need for fermentation! Let’s make green goodness dosa.
- 1 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric
- coconut oil for cooking dosa
- salt, 2 cups of water
- Soak brown rice in water for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Drain the water to grind the rice in a blender by adding coconut milk, spinach, green chilies into a fine paste. Take the blend into a bowl.
- Add salt, water, turmeric, ginger paste to make the batter of dosa consistency by mixing well. Set it a side.
- Take a non stick pan and heat it till it is hot. Grease with coconut oil, pour a ladder of batter and spread it to a thin dosa on a medium flame by cooking till light brown.
- There is no need to flip the dosa as it is very thin.
- Serve hot dosa with a chutney.
- If you have dosa batter in hand try by adding a handful of spinach puree.
- You can add grated carrot or onions to the spinach dosa batter to look more colorful for kids.
- You can try beetroot dosa with same batter by setting aside a handful of batter seperately.
Calories: 100 Fats: 2g Protein: 6g