Shahi tukda is the traditional royal recipe with rich creamy royal desert, made up with condensed milk and dry fruits. Shahi tukda is usually made with bread which is deep fried in oil, we here add a twist to the tradtional desert by avoiding bread with suji toast. Shahi tukda is instant and easy go recipe for your sweet cravings. You can microwave for reducing the time of cooking rabri, which can be done in 2 mins.
- 8-10 pieces suji toast
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1/4 tbsp cardamon powder
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp pistachio and 1 tbsp almond
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- few saffron strands
- Prepare sugar syrup. Combine the sugar and water in a pan and cook on high flame for ten min till sugar syrup is 1 thread consistency.
- Bring the milk to boil in a heavy bottom pan. Stir in between.
- Add condensed milk in the pan, mix well. Cook for 8-10 min in a medium flame while stirring continuously so that the milk doesn’t attach to the sides. Off the flame and add cardamon powder.
- The rabri is ready, let it cool.
- Take the suji toast and soak in the sugar syrup bowl for 2-3 min on the both sides. Take them out, drain and arrange them in a serving dish.
- Pour the warm rabri evenly on the suji toast. Garnish with almond and pista.
- Serve shahi tukda by refrigerating over night or immediately. Add saffron strands before serving.
- If your using micro wave then rabri can be done in 2 mins. Microwave for two minutes, in alternative way of mix and microwave for 1 min.
- Keep in mind that the rabri thickens as it cools.Save some rabri for pouring on top, just before serving as the rabri thickens in the fridge, add a few tbsp of milk and microwave for 1 minute before serving and garnishing.
- You can avoid sugar syrup and directly dip in rabri if you are diet conscious
Calories: 300, carbs: 30.9 gm, protein: 12.8 gm, fat: 12.8 gm