Kheer or Sheer Khurma is a famous Mughlai dessert. This is a traditional Eid dessert often served with dinner. This sweet delight is traditionally made with sugar and milk. Now here you can know how to make Seviyan Kheer with jaggery instead of sugar. The milk can be substituted with coconut milk. By adding these healthy ingredients we can eat guilt free.
- 1 cup seviyan (vermicelli)
- ½ tbsp. cardamom powder
- 2 cup thin coconut milk
- 4 tbsp thick coconut milk
- 1/4 tbsp of Sago (optional)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup chopped mix dry fruits
- 2 tbsp of dates (khajur) chopped
- Nutmeg powder a pinch (optional)
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp rose water (optional)
- 3 cups + more water if needed
- Pistachios chopped (optional)
- Start by making coconut milk.
- Heat jaggery in ½ cup of water until it melts. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep thick bottom pan, add dry nuts, dates and stir gently for 2 minutes or until the nuts are golden brown. Take them in a bowl.
- Add the vermicelli and sago to the pan. Stir them for 1-2 min.
- Add 2 cups of boiled water to vermicelli in the pan. Mix them well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook on light flame for 10-12 min. Add more boiled water (only if needed).
- After the vermicelli is cooked, add in jaggery water. Mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add the thin coconut milk, nutmeg powder, cardamom
powder and rose water. Mix them well and keep cooking for 2-3 min. Bring everything to a boil.
- Turn off the stove. Add the thick coconut milk, nuts mixture.
- You can serve it hot or cold by garnishing the seviyan kheer with chopped pistachios.
Calories: 290 Carbs: 30.6g Protein: 8.3g Fats: 16.7g
If you like this, don’t forget to check out our other recipes.