Semolina halwa is a famous recipe made for festivals. Rava or suji halwa is super easy and tasty to make. Though rava or semolina remains the key ingredient. In some variations, milk is added instead of water. For flavorings usually, cardamom powder is added.
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup suji
- 2 cups boiled milk or water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp almond and pistachio slices
- 1 tbsp kismis
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cashews
- a pinch of cardamon powder
- Heat ghee in the pan, add suji to it and keep stirring until it becomes medium brown, then add hot milk to it.
- Once suji starts soaking in the milk and becomes slightly tight, add sugar. Mix well and add dry fruits to it. Ensure that all the milk has been soaked well. Add cardamon powder.
- Garnish with dry fruits.