In this edition, we bring to you a unique recipe with some combination of left over foods. In today’s recipe, quinoa idli burger, we took the healthy quinoa as the main ingredient which is gluten free, high in protein and fiber. And we are going to make idles from it. Idlis are naturally healthy as they are made with steam.
- 1 cup of powdered quinoa seeds
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup powdered oats
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ghee
- ¼ cup of grated carrot
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 -3 green chillies.
- Choose any cutlet or patties. We used the left overs of sweet potato donuts from our previous recipe.
- Spinach leaves, grated carrot (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together, except water and spinach. Make a batter out of the mix. Add water only if needed but the batter should be thick.
- Keep the batter aside for 10 mins.
- Prepare your steamer by heating water to boil the idlis. Meanwhile grease the idli plate with ghee and fill the moulds with the batter.
- Steam for 10 minutes. Check if its cooked well by poking a toothpick into it. If it comes out cool, idli is ready. Now take them out and cool them.
- Choose the patties/filling of your choice! Put your spinach, grated carrot together between the idli’s. We used the left over sweet potato donut between our soft idli’s. Dress the idli’s as u wish!
- If you don’t have a filling, eat the quinoa idlis as breakfast.
- If you don’t have quinoa, you can use ordinary idli batter or ragi flour with oats.
- Do try the same batter for making dosas by adding required amount of water.