Peas are healthy choice for your baby‘s first foods. They are packed with plenty of vitamin A, C, K, protein, fibre, carbs, manganese, thiamine and folate, iron and phosphorous.
When steamed with a small portion of garlic (6 months baby), the peas puree for baby adds more nutritional value to your baby’s diet such as vitamin B6, B12, calcium, copper and they taste great as well.
- 2 cups of peas
- 1/3 clove of garlic (only for 6 months+)
- 1.5 cup of water
- Boil peas and garlic in water for 10-12 mins. Strain them using a sieve.
- Blend them until smooth by using ½ cup of liquid.
- You can refrigerate it for 2-3 days.
- The puree can be frozen in ice cubes tray and store it for up to 6 months.
- If your baby is 9+ months old, you can add lemon juice, mint leaves in a blender while blending.
- You can try by adding carrot also. It looks colourful and great source of vitamins.
If you like this, don’t forget to check out our other recipes.