Idli is a very famous south-indian dish we often come across. If you have left over idli batter or potato stuff, then you can try using stuffed potato idli. You can use instant rava also for making stuffed potato idli. For potato stuff, just see my previous post- Samosa: A Vegan Snack
- Take a pan roast suji for 5 min or till it is aromatic.
- Allow it to cool completely, and transfer roasted rava to a mixing bowl. Add in 1 cup curd, ½ tsp salt and combine well without forming any lumps.
- Rest for 20 minutes or till rava / sooji absorbs water. Again add ¼ cup water or as required to prepare idli batter consistency.
- Heat water in the idli maker, grease the idli mould with oil before the batter.
- Add eno to the batter and fill half of the mouldswith batter and place 1-2 tbsp of potato mixure and fill the batter till the mould is full.
- Allow the idlis to steam cook for 15 min.
- Serve aloo idlis with any green chutney of your choice.