This foxtail millet khichdi is prepared with veggies and peas along with spices. Make it for a breakfast or lunch. It is a best nutritionally balanced one-pot meal for PCOS. Foxtail millet is a easy recipe which can be replaced with rice or broken wheat.
- 50 g foxtail millet
- 1 small chopped onon
- 50 g red or green or yellow capsicum
- 50 g green pea
- 4 g coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- few chopped coriander and curry leaves
- Boil in a cooker faoxtail millets with 2-3 cups of water upto four whistles in a high. Simmer to medium flame and cook for 2 mins.
- Heat a pan add coconut oil. Add turmeric, onions, peas, capsicum, carrot, curry leaves and chilies. Cook under a medium flame.
- Sprinkle water. By covering with a lid cook for 5 min with occasional stirring until the vegetables becomes tender and soft.
- Add foxtail millet to the pan. Sprinkle some water and add salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and do stir occasionally for 2 more mins.
- Turn off the flame by adding coriander and serve with cucumber raita.
- Soak over night millet in a bowl of water. Any millet should be soaked in water as it helps easy digestion of food.
- Soak peas for an hour before cooking.
- If you want you can do tempering for this recipe. Add any millet as per your taste.
Calories- 490, protein -27 g, fat- 12 g, carbs- 70 g , fiber – 14 g