An apple a day keeps the doctor away. We hear growing up this saying. We are now making a healthy apple and orange smoothie which can be stored in an air tight mason jar for two days in a refrigerator.
- 1 red apple
- ½ peeled lemon
- 1 orange peeled
- 2 cups leafy greens (frozen)
- 1 cup almond milk (or water)
- Cut apple into large pieces and remove the core. Cut oranges into halves and remove seeds. Remove the skin of oranges and cut into large pieces.
- Place the frozen leaves and almond milk in a blender till all the ingreients are finely blended.
- Add the fruits to this mix and blend till it is smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the juice over the strainer.
- Use the spatula and gently press the puree to squeeze all the juice out of the pulp. Discard the remaining fibrous pulp.
- Add the squeezed lemon juice and serve this delicious smoothie.
If you like this, don’t forget to check out our other recipes.