We don’t need to tell you the health benefits of Coconut. Apart from the various Coconuts are especially high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and also contain an important antioxidant Selenium that protects your cells. So, let’s dive in straight to see how to make Creamy Coconut Milk in 2 simple steps.
Creamy Coconut Milk:
- Grate the coconut form the shell. Take a blender; add the grated coconut in it. Blend it by adding water (1/2 cup) slowly to finely blend.
- Now pour this coconut mixture through a sieve by placing a bowl under it. Press it with a spoon as harder as possible so the coconut milk gets collected in a bowl. This is the first batch of coconut milk which is thick and creamier. If you just need this creamy coconut milk you can stop here.
More Coconut Milk:
- Now add the remaining coconut pulp in the blender and add in 1 cup of water to blend again.
- Pass this through a sieve again and let it strain. Press to remove as much milk as possible. This is the second batch of coconut milk which is little thin.
- You can stop at this point or go ahead and extract third coconut milk if needed.
This can be used in recipes like smoothies (check out out tasty Oreo Banana Smoothie) and sweets.
If you like this, don’t forget to check out our other recipes.