Indian staple rice flour roti is traditional recipe done in all the homes. Usually known as akki roti in Mysore and Banglore, chawal ki roti is very tasty and is eaten all over the India. Chawl ki roti can be eaten with any curry or chutney, it can be easily replaced when your are bored with traditional roti.
- 2 cup rice flour/ chawal ka atta
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp cumin
- salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- In a mixing bowl, add all the above ingredients and 2 tbsp oil to make a soft dough by mixing well.
- Keep aside for 30 min by covering with a plate.
- Make small balls from the dough. Roll over the roti by adding dry flour over the ball with the help of rolling pin or hand.
- Heat a skillet or pan and grease with oil or ghee for cooking roti on a medium flame. Turn the roti and cook until darker brown spots appear. Best served warm.
Per Serving: 118.6 -calories; 4.4 g- protein; 22.8 g -carbohydrates; 97.5 mg- sodium.