A creamy cauliflower soup with out cream. As cauliflower is rich in vitamin c and fiber, it can be made into a tasty and healthy soup with simple ingredients. You would be surprised that cauliflower soup which is completely vegan tastes good. Try this cauliflower soup by adding healthy nuts to it.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 large sliced onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 large sliced potato
- salt and pepper (grounded) as per taste
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 cubes of vegetable stock or water(optional)
- 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder(optional)
- Separate the cauliflower into small florets. Wash and drain them.
- In a large pan, add oil and heat it at medium flame. Add onion, garlic, ginger and sauté till onions turn golden brown. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, curry powder and mix well for a min.
- Add cauliflower, potato, salt and pepper. Stir for 3 mins. Add hot water and vegetable stock cubes.
- Stir well and bring the mixture to boil. Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 10 mins or till the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Blend the cooled soup into a fine smooth texture and transfer the cauliflower soup to a pan. Add the milk and check for salt. Stir well and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve the cauliflower soup adding nuts or coriander leaves.
- Avoid potato if it is not needed. You can also use sweet potato for additional nutrition or fiber content.
- You can use low fat milk instead of coconut milk.
- Instead of vegetable stock you can use water.