President Donald Trump temporarily suspended the entry into the United States of certain foreign workers which the White House said was necessary to make jobs available for Americans, will go into effect on Wednesday and last until the end of 2020.
- H-1B visas for skilled workers, which are often used by the tech industry
- L visas for executives, managers and specialized workers being transferred within a company
- H-2B visas for seasonal workers, many of which are in the landscaping business
- J visas for cultural exchange, including interns, trainees, teachers, camp counselors, au pairs and people participating in a summer work travel program.
- Foreign workers already in the United States with a valid visa will not be affected. People outside the United States with valid visas and travel documents also will be exempt from the suspension, according to the proclamation.